Asian Panorama: The Fragments of Southeast Asian Cinema
- how has it shaped the perspectives of audiences and the response of filmmakers?
- has it unified or increased tensions amongst and within Southeast Asian countries given the subjectivities of different national experiences?
- how does it affect the concept of identity (national, personal, gender, class, ethnicity)?
- what is the impact on the “independence” of the independent cinema industry?
- is the construct of a Southeast Asian identity relevant to filmmakers?
KONG RITHDEE | Film Critic and Filmmaker
NICK DEOCAMPO | Film Academic, Historian and Filmmaker
OTTY WIDASARI | Artist and Filmmaker
SAM I-SHAN | Curator
KAREN CHAN | Executive Director of Asian Film Archive
HO JIA JIAN | Co-founder of Viddsee
KAN LUME | Filmmaker
KAVICH NEANG | Filmmaker
LUCKY KUSWANDI | Filmmaker
NAWAPOL THAMRONGRATTANARIT | Filmmaker
PHAN DANG DI | Filmmaker and Film Educator
SHERMAN ONG | Artist and Filmmaker
TAN CHUI MUI | Filmmaker and Film Curator
U-WEI HAJI SAARI | Filmmaker
WESLEY LEON AROOZOO | Filmmaker and Film Educator
A/P KENNETH PAUL TAN
Vice Dean at the National University of Singapore's (NUS) Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
This programme is presented under the Asian Film Archive’s REFRAME series.
- The event description was updated. Diff#126441 2015-10-28 04:14:33